Simple, easy sheet pan chicken thighs with chickpeas and herby yogurt is an easy weeknight dinner you need to make tonight.
You'll love this recipe because it's
How to make these sheet pan chicken thighs
I feel silly writing this recipe for sheet pan chicken thighs because it's kind of a no-brainer.
First, chop up your veggies. You can use whatever you have on hand, my favorites are red onion and red bell peppers because they cook well in the oven. I don't have to worry too much about over-cooking them.
However, you could definitely use other vegetables. Just remember, they may not all cook at the same time lengths. You can get around this by cutting those vegetables smaller.
Here are some veggies you could try.
Next, toss the chicken, beans, and veggies with smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Afterward, lay the lemon slices over the top. Bake in a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken reaches 145 degrees.
Then, situate the sheet pan underneath the broiler to let the chicken char and finish cooking. It will take about ten minutes under the broiler. When it's finished, the internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees.
How to make the herby yogurt sauce
Again, super simple, add all of the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until the herbs are finely chopped.
Garnish with freshly chopped herbs, crumbled cheese, and herby yogurt. You can serve this dish as is, over a bed of cooked farro or pearl couscous, or with a side salad.
Grab the full recipe and measurements below
Here are some other recipes you might enjoy.
- 1 lbs boneless skinless Chicken thighs (about 6 pieces)
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, cleaned + sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 2 - 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh herbs, I used cilantro and parsley
- crumbled feta or goat cheese
OPTIONAL: herby yogurt sauce
- 1 cup plain, full-fat greek yogurt
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a large sheet pan, toss chickpeas, veggies, and chicken with olive oil and seasonings.
- Situate the chicken thighs, so the outer muscle is facing up. Place sliced lemon atop the chicken thighs.
- Slide the pan in the oven to cook for about 15 minutes. The chicken thighs should be just shy of 160 degrees when poked with an instant-read thermometer (about 150 degrees).
- Turn your oven on broil, and roast the sheet pan directly under the broiler for the last 10 minutes. Keep an eye on the chicken, so it doesn't burn.
- The chicken, chickpeas, and veggies will start to char around the edges. After the chicken is golden, and an instant-read thermometer registers the chicken at 165, remove the sheet pan from the oven, and let it rest for five minutes before serving.
- To serve, spread yogurt onto the bottom of a shallow bowl, top with chickpeas and chicken. Garnish with leftover herbs.
Herby yogurt sauce
- Add all ingredients to a food processor, and pulse to combine. Add a tablespoon of water if the mixture isn't moving through the blender.
Depending on your broiler, you may need to rotate your pan to promote even browning.
It's good without the yogurt, but definitely worth making it.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 242Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 536mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 5gSugar: 4gProtein: 24g
Nutrition facts are for personal reference only as calories may vary on a case by case basis.