This copycat recipe for Starbuck’s Strawberry Acai Refresher is the real deal!
I actually prefer the Mango Dragonfruit Refresher, which I also have a recipe for. Find the Mango Dragonfruit Refresher recipe, here. However, I decided to make a copycat for you. That way you can enjoy this drink at home. Check out all of my Starbuck’s copycat recipes under the “Craving more?” heading, at the bottom of this post.
If you loved Starbuck’s Strawberry Acai Refresher, you’re going to love this copycat recipe because it tastes just like the real thing. Plus, all of the ingredients can be found on Amazon Prime, so you can make this ASAP!
For those of you who like the Pink Drink, check out the notes on the recipe card at the bottom of this post!
You’ll love this recipe if you…
loved Starbuck’s Strawberry Acai Refresher
don’t want to spend $5
wish you could drink one every day
want the option to make it caffeine-free, with less sugar, or vegan
*Disclaimer: some of the links on this post are affiliate links. Please refer to my Disclaimers and Policies page. Thanks!*
What is Starbuck’s Strawberry Acai Refresher actually made of?
I looked up the ingredients on the Starbucks website. Here is what was listed for the Strawberry Acai Refresher:
White grape juice concentrate
Natural flavors (I assume that’s the passion fruit)
Citric Acid (additive/preservative)
Natural Green Coffee Flavor (caffeine)
Freeze Dried Strawberry Pieces
Doing my research…
According to Starbuck’s, the Strawberry Acai Refresher is a strawberry-flavored drink accented by notes of passion fruit and acai. While doing research for this beverage, I came across a few recipes, but none of the recipes I found had green coffee bean extract. They also miss out on the ‘notes of passionfruit.’
Where to find the ingredients?
Next, I hopped on Amazon and looked for green coffee bean extract, passionfruit, powdered (freeze-dried) strawberry and acai. To make these refreshers, I decided to try out Monin’s passion fruit concentrate instead of trying to use fresh passion fruit; this product is sugar-free.
Caffeine: Powdered Green Coffee Bean Extract (vegan)
Passionfruit concentrate (sugar-free/vegan/GF)
How to make Starbuck’s Strawberry Acai Refresher
This recipe makes approximately 48 oz (without ice). Here’s how to make Starbuck’s Strawberry Acai Refresher:
Keep reading to see how you can make the Dragon Drink and other Starbuck’s favorites below.
First, I wanted to make sure my powdered products were going to dissolve, so I whisked it with the water until everything had dissipated. Then, I added the rest of the ingredients and stirred it until combined.
Pour into a pitcher or bottle to keep in the fridge. Gently stir or shake before serving. Pour over glass and top with fresh, frozen or freeze-dried strawberry slices.
Want more Starbucks copycat recipes? Check out these links…
- 3 c water
- 2 1/2 c white grape juice
- 2 1/2 tsp freeze-dried strawberry (powder)
- 1 tsp freeze-dried acai (powder)
- 3/4 tsp green coffee bean extract (powder), add more according to package directions for more caffeine
- 2 tsp passion fruit puree, plus more if needed, 1/4 tsp at a time to adjust flavor
- Add powdered ingredients with a few tablespoons of water and stir until dissolved. This will make a slurry ensuring you don't have large chunks of powder throughout.
- Once the powder is thoroughly mixed, slowly stir in the last bit of water, passion fruit and white grape juice. I use a glass jar with a lid to break up any excess powder.
- Serve over ice with freeze-dried, frozen, or fresh strawberries.
store in a bottle or pitcher, agitating before use.
You may need to add more water to adjust the taste depending on how much ice you use.
When storing excess, leave out the extra strawberries. Add with ice before drinking.
The color may be different depending on the acai powder.
The sugar-free passion fruit option will adjust the taste slightly, and the measurements may not be exact, start by adding a little at a time.
For those who like the pink drink, replace the water with coconut milk
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Nature Restore USDA Certified Organic Freeze Dried Strawberry Powder, 8 Ounces, Non GMO, Gluten Free, Vegan
- Monin Passion Fruit Puree 1 L 33.8 Fluid Ounces
- Maximum Strength Pure Green Coffee Bean Super Extract, 4 Ounce, Supports Metabolism for Weight Management and Fat Burn, No GMOs and Vegan Friendly
- Santa Cruz, Juice, White Grape, Organic, 1 Quart
- Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Acai Berry Powder, 8 Oz - Freeze-Dried | Antioxidants | Omega Fats
- Monin Passion Fruit Flavor Concentrate 375ml Bottle
- Augason Farms Freeze Dried Sliced Strawberries 6.4 oz
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 48 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 304Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 6gSugar: 45gProtein: 9g
Nutrition facts are for personal reference only as calories may vary on a case by case basis.