These pork burgers are a household staple.
These beautiful pork burgers feature dates and garlic chili sauce.
These sweet and spicy pork burgers with cabbage slaw will feed four people, and it takes 35 minutes to make.
Be sure to check the bottom of these posts because I am going to tie leftover ingredients into new recipes making it easier for you to shop for weekly meals.
You’ll love this recipe because it’s…
- a little spicy
- a little sweet
- topped with a crunchy slaw
- quick and easy
This article may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclaimers page for more info
Step 1 – Spicy Cabbage slaw
In a small bowl, add cabbage, cilantro, and scallions. An easy trick for cutting cilantro or scallions is to use a pair of kitchen shears.
Toss the veggies with enough garlic chili sauce to coat. Set it off the to side and let it marinate until you are ready to assemble.
Step 2 – Sweet pork
These pork burgers come together quickly. Start by deseeding and rough chopping the dates. Mix everything together in a bowl with a teaspoon of smoked paprika, and a pinch of salt and pepper, then form four equal-sized patties.
In a non-stick skillet coated with olive oil, fry each side for about four minutes per side. To check the doneness, use an instant-read thermometer.
The internal temp should be just shy of 160 degrees. Remember, it will continue to cook while it rests.
Grab the full recipe at the bottom of this post.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 4 small pitted dates, chopped
- 1 heaping teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large pinch S + P
- 4 brioche buns, toasted
- 3 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 - 3 scallions, sliced
- A small handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 - 2 tablespoons garlic chili sauce, enough to lightly coat slaw.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together slaw ingredients and set aside to mingle.
- Meanwhile, mix together ground meat, seasonings and dates. Form into 4 equally sized patties.
- Preheat a non-stick pan with olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown, or until an instant-read thermometer reads 160. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Toast buns, spread with goat cheese, and assemble
Use smoked paprika, seriously.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Medjool Dates, 2 Lbs - Soft Chewy Texture | Sweet Caramel Flavor | Farm Fresh
- Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce, 18 Oz Jars
- The Spice Lab Smoked Paprika Powder
- Kitchen Shears by Gidli - Lifetime Replacement Warranty- Includes Seafood Scissors As a Bonus - Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Multipurpose Ultra Sharp Utility Scissors.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 877Total Fat: 53gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 27gCholesterol: 233mgSodium: 837mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 7gSugar: 20gProtein: 43g
Nutrition facts are for personal reference only as calories may vary on a case by case basis.