Bring the campfire to you with this Starbucks S’mores Frappuccino Copycat recipe. Milk chocolate, vanilla, coffee, and whole milk are blended and layered with marshmallow whipped cream and graham crackers.
*This post contains affiliate links. For more info, please refer to my disclaimers and policies page*
If you love Starbuck’s S’mores Frappuccino…
Your wallet is going to thank you because this copycat recipe tastes just like the real thing! Plus, all of the ingredients can be found on Amazon Prime so that you can make this ASAP!
You’ll love this recipe if you…
love Starbuck’s S’mores Frappuccino
want to drink one every day *cough cough*
don’t want to leave your house
don’t want to spend $5 every time you buy one
want to make a better version or a less sweet version
are looking for a recipe that can be made vegan-friendly (see note below)
So here’s the thing…
When I was in college, I would study at my local Starbuck’s a minimum of 3x a week. It got expensive. After college, I decided to learn how to make my coffee at home. It started with flavored creamers, which are not even close to any coffeehouse-style cup of joe. So I had to know, how do they do it?
Fast-forward, I have an espresso machine, a plethora of flavored syrups to make my espresso-based drinks at home.
Whenever I want to make a coffee recipe at home, I always look for recipes online. Those recipes call for added granulated sugar or too many complicated ingredients that I have to make.
Plus, that’s not how the coffee shop does it. A coffee shop relies on simple syrups to flavor and sweetens your drinks. No need to measure or pray that the sugar dissolves completely; there’s nothing like a mouth full of grit.
In addition to that, if I’m going to go through the trouble of making my coffee at home, it needs to be two things: easy and accurate. If it’s not exact or close to, why am I wasting my time? I will never be delighted unless it tastes just as good as the real thing.
Don’t miss out on more Starbucks copycat recipes!
If you want to learn how to make your favorite drinks at home, be sure to read my other coffee-related posts at the bottom of this page and sign up for my newsletter to be notified when I release more recipes like this one.
Now, let’s get into how to make the S’mores Frappuccino at home.
What’s in Starbuck’s S’mores Frappuccino?
Milk (whole milk)
Coffee Frappuccino Syrup
marshmallow whipped cream
milk chocolate sauce (I use mocha sauce since that is what I use at home for my other coffees, but the S’mores Frappuccino ingredients specifically list milk chocolate sauce.)
graham cracker topping
Here’s what you’ll need to make Starbucks Smores Frappuccino at home.
Classic Frappe Base
Heavy whipping cream
Milk chocolate sauce
Crushed graham crackers
How to make a Smores Frappuccino?
In a blender, pulse together classic frappe base, whole milk, and instant espresso until well incorporated. Next, add two pumps of vanilla syrup and ice. Blend until you’ve reached your desired consistency. Then, taste the Smores Frappuccino and adjust by adding additional syrup, ice, or milk if needed.
The marshmallow whipped cream…
Depending on how close you want to be to the original, there are three different ways you can do this to get a similar flavor. The first two options are the most accurate. Additionally, for sugar-free options, I have some options linked below.
- Purchase a reusable whipped cream canister. A dispenser is the easiest option. You can store the heavy whipping cream and marshmallow syrup and use what you need—keeping the rest in the fridge for later use.
- Make your marshmallow whipped cream from scratch using flavored marshmallow syrup. According to the Starbuck’s S’mores Frappuccino ingredients list, this is what they use to flavor the marshmallow infused whipped cream.
Here’s a basic recipe:
- Take one cup of (cold) heavy cream and whip it with a fourth cup of flavored marshmallow syrup and a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form.
- Use an electric mixer, so your arm doesn’t fall off unless you want the workout, then, by all means, go for it.
- Use this version immediately. It will not last.
- Add a spoonful of marshmallow syrup into your drink. If I were going to make this regularly, this is the option I would go with since I don’t like layering my drinks with whipped cream, and homemade whipped cream loses its fluff after a few hours. I haven’t tested this method yet, so if you try it, let me know in the comments how much you used it!
- Use prepared marshmallow fluff. According to Starbucks, this option is the least accurate, but if you already have a tub of marshmallow fluff in your pantry, this option may work for you. Again, if you try this out, let me know how it is!
Where to buy the ingredients for Starbucks ‘ S’mores Frappuccino?
*For those of you who are vegan or gluten-free, most Monin syrups, including the dark chocolate sauce, are vegan and/or gluten-free.*
Frappuccino Base ingredients |
milk chocolate sauce |
- Small bottle: Ghirardelli Chocolate Sauce 16 fl. oz.
- Large bottle: Ghirardelli Chocolate Sauce 87.3 oz.
vanilla syrup | Monin – Vanilla Syrup
marshmallow syrup | Monin – Toasted Marshmallow Syrup.
mocha sauce | Monin – Dark Chocolate Sauce (64 oz)
marshmallow fluff | Fluff Marshmallow Spread
Sugar-free vanilla syrup | Monin – Sugar-Free Vanilla Syrup 1 L
Sugar-free marshmallow syrup | Sugar-Free S’mores – Jordan’s Skinny Syrups, 25.4 oz.
*P.s. If you decide to buy the larger bottles of syrup, make sure to grab a pump*
Here are some other recipe(s) I think you might enjoy…
In a blender, pulse together classic frappe base, whole milk, and instant espresso until well incorporated. Next, add two pumps of vanilla syrup and ice. Blend until you've reached your desired consistency.
Then, taste the Smores Frappuccino and adjust by adding additional syrup, ice, or milk if needed.
Drizzle milk chocolate sauce around the inside of your cup. Layer marshmallow whipped cream and your starbucks S'mores Frappuccino. Then, top with crushed graham crackers.
One (1) pump of syrup is approximately 1/2 tablespoon.
Make sure to grab the PLAIN frappe base. I use the scoop it comes with. One (1) scoop PLUS 1/4 scoop EQUALS 24 oz beverage.
Basic marshmallow whipped cream recipe:
- 1 c. cold heavy cream
- 1/4 c. marshmallow simple syrup
Use a reusable whipped cream canister
Whip together using my electric mixer until stiff peaks formed. Use immediately. Homemade whipped cream does not last.
Please read the marshmallow whipped cream section in the article for more suggestions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- EurKitchen Professional Aluminum Whipped Cream Dispenser
- Ghirardelli Beverage Mix, Classic White Frappe Mix
- Ferrara Instant Espresso Coffee 2 oz
- Starbucks Naturally Flavored Vanilla Coffee Syrup, 12.17 Fl Oz
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Chocolate Flavored Sauce Squeeze Bottle, 16 fl. oz.
- monin Mocha sauce
- Monin - Toasted Marshmallow Syrup, Flavor of Campfire Treats, Natural Flavors, Great for Mochas, Shakes, Cocoas and Cocktails, , Non-GMO, Gluten-Free (750 ml)
- Sugar-free: Jordan's Skinny Syrups Toasted Marshmallow,
- Sugar-free: Jordan's Skinny Syrups Vanilla,
- Torani Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Sauce, 64 Ounce
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 24 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 841Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 279mgCarbohydrates: 147gFiber: 2gSugar: 130gProtein: 15g
Nutrition facts are for personal reference only as calories may vary on a case by case basis.